The salary will be in the range of $240,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
Central Rivers Area Education Agency (AEA) seeks a Chief Administrator who possesses the following leadership traits:
● Is an effective communicator
● Is a trusted leader who values ethics and integrity
● Empowers others by promoting team strengths and a students-first approach
● Leads by example through honest practices
● Shows transparency by sharing the organization’s goals and challenges to promote engagement
● Knows stakeholder interests through listening and learning continuously
● Has the leadership skills to respond to challenges in school districts with varied enrollments and demographics
● Makes strategic, high-quality decisions while managing AEA resources
● Builds strong, diverse teams and promotes teamwork for success for all
● Maintains mutually beneficial relationships with school districts and other organizations
● Is accessible, transparent and highly visible in the AEA and the community
● Promotes growth through developing transformational leaders
About Central Rivers Area Education Agency:
Central Rivers AEA supports educators, parents, and the communities we serve as we work together toward one ultimate goal: to improve student learning. In addition to the primary office in Cedar Falls, Iowa the agency also has main offices in Marshalltown and Clear Lake. Central Rivers AEA serves over 63,500 students including 53 public school districts and 18 non-public school districts. In addition, nearly 5,000 educators rely on our agency for services in special education, school technology, media and instructional/curriculum support. The agency's service area reaches 18 counties and nearly 9,000 square miles.
Our agency is one of nine Area Education Agencies in Iowa created in 1974 by the Iowa legislature to ensure equal educational opportunities for all children from birth through age 21. Support to local schools is provided in three, tightly integrated areas: Educational Services, Information & Technology and Special Education.
Area Education Agencies are funded from federal-aid and state-aid payments; legislatively controlled property tax; federal, state and private grants; and tuition for classes. A nine-member board of directors is elected by local school boards to govern budget decisions.
In addition to administrative experience, the candidate must have, or be qualified to obtain, certification as an AEA Chief Administrator/Superintendent in Iowa. Inquiries concerning certification requirements can be directed to the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners at 515-281-3245.
Persons wishing to be considered for the position should submit an application online including:
● A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in the position.
● The online application and a current resume.
● Three current letters of recommendation.
Candidates should not contact members of the Board of Directors.
All materials submitted as part of the Chief Administrator application will remain confidential to the extent allowed by law. After all applications have been reviewed and preliminary interviews conducted by the consulting firm, the names of the top candidates will be presented to the Board of Directors for its consideration. Selection of candidates for final interviews is the sole responsibility of the Board. All applications will be processed in accordance with the provisions of Iowa’s open meeting law (Chapter28A).
Apply online at: www.grrecruiting.com by November 7, 2022.
Lead Associate: Dr. Dick Christie 402-681-3031
The salary will be in the range of $240,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria.
Contact Us Today and begin the next phase of your journey!