The base salary will be in the range $300,000.00 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
The Edmonds School District, serving the Washington communities of Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway, and portions of unincorporated Snohomish County, is seeking an experienced, student-centered leader who is committed to academic achievement for every student.
The Edmonds School District is a diverse community with a mission to provide learning environments that embrace and affirm each and every student’s cultural and linguistic uniqueness. The district serves nearly 20,000 students from widely varied backgrounds. More than 55% of our students identify as students of color, and our students speak more than 125 different languages in their homes.
Our 36 schools and programs are staffed by experienced, dedicated teachers, support staff, and administrators committed to making a positive difference in our students’ lives.
Equity, Engagement, and Excellence are the pillars that drive our strategic plan. We are proud of the steps our district has taken to be more equitable and inclusive, and we are eager to continue and grow this work with our new Superintendent.
Our Board of Directors prefers a candidate with superintendency experience or executive level experience. The base salary will be in the range of $300,000 plus a benefit package that will be competitive with similarly sized school districts' Superintendent compensation in our region. The final salary will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and meeting the Board’s top valued traits show below:
· Is an effective communicator, creating strong school and community relations
· Is accountable and responsible for actions
· Empowers others by promoting team strengths & students first approach
· Provides sustained, systemic, and evidence-based interventions to obtain equitable access to learning for ALL students
· Manages complex circumstances through problem solving/decision making
· Is a trusted leader who demonstrates strong values of ethics and integrity by exhibiting a strong moral authority and leading by example via honest practices.
· Shows transparency by sharing the organization’s goals and challenges to promote staff engagement
· Builds strong diverse teams and promotes teamwork for success for all
· Knows stakeholders’ interests through listening and learning continuously
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
Dr. Jim Hager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact the Board or District directly.