The salary will be in the range of $200,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefit package.
FAIRFIELD COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Approximately 1,600 students from preschool through 12th grade attend the Fairfield Community School District located in Fairfield, Iowa- a unique small university town in southeast Iowa, where the approach of life is invigorated with a diverse, multicultural population, and an eclectic scene of entertainment, shops, and eateries.
Fairfield, Iowa is home to about 9,500 residents who work in many different fields including Agriculture, Finance, Industrial, healthcare, education, childcare, and many more small businesses. For a small community, Fairfield is a cultural hub that has countless opportunities and experiences for everyone. These opportunities include but are not limited to strong fine arts programs, numerous youth sports leagues and clubs, a monthly art walk, a year-round farmers market, strong booster club, and is also home to Maharishi University.
Fairfield Community School District employs around 300 staff and operates with a general fund budget of about $25 million. The district covers 355 square miles and serves 5 counties.
The district is extremely proud of its students, support staff, teachers, administrators, and community members who consistently strive to do what is best for all students.
FAIRFIELD COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT SEEKS A SUPERINTENDENT WHO . . .
- Is a dynamic, effective communicator, creating strong school and community relations that promotes the district
- Is accountable and responsible for actions
- Is a trusted leader who values ethics, integrity, and diversity by practicing moral and legal authority
- Leads by example through honest practices
- Shows transparency to all by sharing the organization’s goals based on the vision and challenges to promote staff engagement
- Empower others by promoting team strengths and students' first approach
- Makes strategic, high-quality decisions with a big-picture lens, while managing district resources responsibly
- Sets clear goals and persists in achieving them with a focus on growth
- Knows stakeholders’ interests through listening and learning continuously
- Promotes staff growth through developing transformation leaders
- Builds strong diverse teams and promotes teamwork for the success of all
- Manages complex circumstances through problem-solving/decision-making
- Balances hard truths with optimism by exercising resilience in the face of challenges
Board Consensus 11/13/23