The salary will be in the range of $183,000-206,000K plus an excellent comprehensive benefit package.
a. Title: Executive Director of Finance
b. Reports To: Superintendent
2. JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Executive Director of Finance:
This position is responsible for administering the financial and business affairs of the district including the coordination of accounting and budgeting, payroll, purchasing, food service, transportation, and warehouse operations; interpreting and implementing state directives; assisting in long-term planning; and actively participate in a process to continually improve the operations of the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary. Depending upon individual assignment, the employee may perform all or a combination of several of the following duties:
1. Direct, review, analyze, and interpret a variety of financial management information
2. Make recommendations in matters of fiscal impact such as budget, revenues, expenditures, enrollment projections, and collective bargaining
3. Analyze legislative and economic events
4. Work closely with Human Resources to ensure controlled staffing levels are maintained
5. Advise and assist other district administrators and staff in understanding, planning, and monitoring their respective budget areas
6. Provide a variety of strategies on financial matters including but not limited to financing of major expenditures, bond sales, and spending priorities
7. Management of district’s investment and real estate portfolios and ensure adherence to ethical standards in financial transactions and reporting
8. Work with bond underwriter to bring district’s bond to market including presentations to rating agencies, tax rate planning, and bond sale strategies
9. Supervision of budget, finance, and accounting to ensure positive financial accountability
10. Assume responsibility for budget development and long-range financial planning
11. Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all operations of the department including accounting, payroll, purchasing, food service, transportation, and warehouse operations Evaluates departmental operations and initiates changes as necessary
12. Prepares or supervises preparation of operational policies and procedures
13. Manage district grants and insurance programs
14. Supervise the development of monthly and annual financial reports as required
15. Consult with superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to district’s business affairs
16. Supervise, train, direct, and evaluate work of accounting and payroll employees
17. Act as a liaison between staff, school board, and community
18. Supervise operational staff at the department level
19. Value staff, student, parent, and community input in creating a positive, respectful, and welcoming department
20. Manage resources to meet legal requirements
21. Professionally interact with students, staff, and public
22. Comply with all district policies and procedures
23. Comply with the Code of Professional Conduct
24. Perform related duties as assigned
3. OVERVIEW OF THE MARYSVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT 25
The Marysville School District is located at 4220 80th Street NE, Marysville, Washington, Snohomish County, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest surrounded by the Cascade and Olympic Mountain ranges and the pristine waters of thePuget Sound. The City of Marysville neighbors The Tulalip Reservation is located north of Everett and the Snohomish River and west of Marysville. The Tulalip (pronounced Tuh'-lay-lup) Tribes are successors in interest to the Snohomish, Snoqualmie, Skykomish, and other allied tribes and bands signatory to the 1855 Treaty of Point Elliott. The tribal population is over 5,000 and growing, with 2,700 members residing on the 22,000 acres Tulalip IndianReservation. The Reservation is rich with natural resources: marine waters, tidelands, freshwater creeks and lakes, wetlands, forests, and developable land, The district works closely with The Tulalip Tribes through a strong partnership in service of students and families.
Snohomish County, the third-most populous county in Washington State, outpaces its larger counterparts in annualpopulation growth. Boasting a mix of urban and rural communities and the densest manufacturing region in the nation, new residents flock here for the natural beauty, economic opportunity, and quality of life.
The district community of learners includes over 10,000 students educated in ten elementary schools, four middle schools, and four high schools by experienced and dedicated staff. Our student population is rich in diversity with over50% of students and families of color. Our team of approximately 1,500 full- and part-time instructional leaders andcommitted staff are dedicated to providing a positive learning experience and a safe learning environment; socially, emotionally, and physically for each child - every day- as is expressed in our district's Values, Promise, andCommitment, Strategic Plan and Priorities, Equity Statement. Educational Equity Policy, and Quality ServiceStandards. From the Board to the staff level, they are focused on leading with equity and are taking distinct steps to affect systemic change to address the needs of those furthest away from educational justice and to increase the diversity of its teaching staff.
Opportunities abound for students who are provided access to option programs, AP and Honors classes, CTEpreparatory courses for aerospace, early learning, videography, and culinary learning to name a few, along with the Regional Apprenticeship Program for the trades. The district is also a leader in the state through the use of technologyto enhance students’ instruction, notably with 1:1 devices. Students are also offered robust extracurricular programs including choir and band, drama, robotics, athletic programs, and access to student clubs and leadership activities.
Learn more about the Marysville School District at www.msd25.org
Interested candidates may apply online at www.GRRecruiting.com
4. APPLICATION DEADLINE
· April 15, 2023, or until the position is filled
5. LENGTH OF CONTRACT
· Start Date: July 1, 2023
· Length of Contract: 1 year; at will
6. SALARY AND BENEFIT
· Salary Range: 183k – 206k
· 8.0 hours per day - 260 days per year (includes 28 vacation days and 12 holidays)