The salary will be in the range of $183,000-206,000K plus an excellent comprehensive benefit package.
Title: Executive Director of Secondary Education
Reports To: Superintendent
2. JOB DESCRIPTION
Executive Director of Secondary Education:
Provides leadership and support for secondary education and schools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary. Depending upon individual assignment, the employee may perform all or a combination of several of the following duties:
1. Provide district leadership for secondary education and high school graduation requirements
2. Oversee all middle and high schools
3. Mentor, supervise, and evaluate secondary school principals and district CTE director
4. Advise and assist secondary school administration in addressing community, parent, student, and staff concerns
5. Advise and assist secondary school counselors and other student support personnel with student well-being
6. Collaborate with other central office departments/staff to implement Washington State reform mandates relevant to secondary education
7. Collaborate with community and staff to improve student learning and success
8. Perform other duties similar to the above in scope and function as required
9. Serve as a member of the Superintendent’s District Leadership Team
10. Maintain consistent attendance and conform to regular work hours specified under contract
11. Comply with all district policies and procedures
12. Comply with the Code of Professional Conduct
13. Perform related duties as assigned
3. OVERVIEW OF THE MARYSVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT 25
The Marysville School District is located at 4220 80th Street NE, Marysville, Washington, Snohomish County, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest surrounded by the Cascade and Olympic Mountain ranges and the pristine waters of thePuget Sound. The City of Marysville neighbors The Tulalip Reservation is located north of Everett and the Snohomish River and west of Marysville. The Tulalip (pronounced Tuh'-lay-lup) Tribes are successors in interest to the Snohomish, Snoqualmie, Skykomish, and other allied tribes and bands signatory to the 1855 Treaty of Point Elliott. The tribal population is over 5,000 and growing, with 2,700 members residing on the 22,000 acres Tulalip IndianReservation. The Reservation is rich with natural resources: marine waters, tidelands, freshwater creeks and lakes, wetlands, forests, and developable land, The district works closely with The Tulalip Tribes through a strong partnership in service of students and families.
Snohomish County, the third-most populous county in Washington State, outpaces its larger counterparts in annualpopulation growth. Boasting a mix of urban and rural communities and the densest manufacturing region in the nation, new residents flock here for the natural beauty, economic opportunity, and quality of life.
The district community of learners includes over 10,000 students educated in ten elementary schools, four middle schools, and four high schools by experienced and dedicated staff. Our student population is rich in diversity with over50% of students and families of color. Our team of approximately 1,500 full- and part-time instructional leaders andcommitted staff are dedicated to providing a positive learning experience and a safe learning environment; socially, emotionally, and physically for each child - every day- as is expressed in our district's Values, Promise, andCommitment, Strategic Plan and Priorities, Equity Statement. Educational Equity Policy, and Quality Service Standards. From the Board to the staff level, they are focused on leading with equity and are taking distinct steps to affect systemic change to address the needs of those furthest away from educational justice and to increase the diversity of its teaching staff.
Opportunities abound for students who are provided access to option programs, AP and Honors classes, CTEpreparatory courses for aerospace, early learning, videography, and culinary learning to name a few, along with the Regional Apprenticeship Program for the trades. The district is also a leader in the state through the use of technologyto enhance students’ instruction, notably with 1:1 devices. Students are also offered robust extracurricular programs including choir and band, drama, robotics, athletic programs, and access to student clubs and leadership activities.
Learn more about the Marysville School District at www.msd25.org
Interested candidates may apply online at www.GRRecruiting.com
4. APPLICATION DEADLINES
· April 15, 2023, or until filled
5. LENGTH OF CONTRACT
· Start Date: July 1, 2023
· Length of Contract: 1 year; at will
6. SALARY AND BENEFIT
· Salary Range: 183k – 206k
8.0 hours per day - 260 days per year (includes 28 vacation days and 12 holidays