The base salary will be in the range of $245,000 plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Spotsylvania County Public Schools seeks a superintendent who:
- Promotes a “student-first” philosophy.
- Is a decisive leader who can make difficult decisions even when options are not optimal and
manages complex circumstances through problem solving/decision making
- Is an effective communicator, creating strong school and community relations through
transparency and open dialogue
- Ensures accountability for all and responsibility for actions and makes strategic, high-quality
decisions with big picture lens, while managing district resources
- Is a trusted public education leader who values ethics and integrity by practicing moral
authority and leads by example through honest practices
- Someone who understands finance
- Remains confident in making firm decisions that may not be popular but challenges
- Provides sustained, systemic, and evidence-based interventions to obtain equitable access
to learning for ALL students
About Spotsylvania County Public Schools (SCPS): https://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/
Salary and Benefits:
The base salary will be in the range of $245,000 plus a comprehensive benefit package. The
final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven
experience, qualifications, and meeting Board criteria.
Candidates must obtain Virginia superintendent certification. www.doe.virginia.gov
Masters degree required, Doctorate preferred.
Please send all application materials and inquiries to: https://www.grrecruiting.com
Phone Inquiries: 888.319.7949
Candidates should not contact Spotsylvania County School Board.
Deadline and Selection
Materials submitted will remain confidential as allowed by law. Application must include
- A letter of interest
- Online application form grrecruiting.com/job-openings
- Resume or Vitae
- 3 letters of reference
Application Deadline June 17, 2022
Spotsylvania County Public Schools