The salary will be in the range of $240,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package
· Is an effective communicator, creating strong school and community relations.
· Is a trusted leader who values ethics and integrity, by practicing moral authority.
· Empowers others by promoting team strengths and students first approach.
· Is accountable and responsible for actions.
· Leads by example through honest practices.
· Shows transparency by sharing the organization’s goals and challenges to promote staff engagement.
· Makes strategic, high-quality decisions with big-picture lens, while managing district resources.
· Knows stakeholders’ interest through listening and learning continuously.
· Builds strong diverse teams, promotes teamwork for all, and is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Fosters creative and innovative practices in order to promote continuous improvement.
The vision of USD 232 is to maximize each student’s potential, through inspiration and discovery, challenging all students to become self-sufficient, and positive contributors to society. The mission is to prepare all students for their future through excellent, innovative learning opportunities with caring, dedicated and passionate staff in a safe and secure environment. Students are at the center ofeverything we do. We value continuous improvement and a collaborative culture for students, staff, and families.
USD 232 has a record of steady, marked improvement with a continual quest for excellence. It has built a record of achievement in instructional program quality, policy development, efficiency of operation, and student co-curricular/extracurricular activities. Characterized by remarkable degrees of dedication to children's best interests, stakeholders have worked diligently to provide the best learning opportunities possible. This dedicated service, combined with the support of civic leaders and the cooperation of other community organizations and institutions, resulted in the outstanding success the district is now experiencing. USD 232 is ranked at the #2 Best School District in Kansas. (Niche)
USD 232 welcomes approximately 7,500 students (PreK through grade 12) each day at 13 campuses, with seven elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, and Cedar Trails Exploration Center. District boundaries encompass an area of nearly 100 square miles in northwest Johnson County, Kansas, and draws from the communities of De Soto, Shawnee, Lenexa, a portion of Olathe, and unincorporated areas of the county.
· ACT Composite Average = 22.1
· National Advanced Placement District Honor Roll
· Ranked #2 Best District in Kansas (Niche)
· Kansas Can Star Recognitions = 6
· High School Course Offerings = 200+
· Advanced Placement, Dual Credit Courses = 34+
· Career & Technical Education Pathways = 15+
· 1,000+ employees
· Average Years of Experience for Teachers = 15
Johnson County is located within the Kansas City metropolitan area with an estimated population of 609,863, making it the most populous county in Kansas. Johnson County is one of the best places to live in Kansas.
Johnson County government https://www.jocogov.org/residents
City of De Soto, KS http://www.desotoks.us/
City of Shawnee, KS https://www.cityofshawnee.org/
City of Lenexa, KS https://www.lenexa.com/
In addition to administrative experience, the candidate must have, or be qualified to obtain, licensure as a Superintendent in Kansas. Inquiries concerning licensure requirements can be directed to the Kansas State Department of Education at TLALicense@ksde.org or by calling 785-296-2288.
Persons wishing to be considered for the position should apply online including:
· a letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences, and reasons for interest in the position;
· online application and a current resume; and
· three current letters of recommendation.
Candidates should not contact members of the Board of Education.
All materials submitted as part of the Superintendent application will remain confidential to the extent allowed by law. After all applications have been reviewed and preliminary interviews conducted by the consulting firm, the names of the top candidates will be presented to the Board of Education for its consideration. Selection of candidates for final interviews is the sole responsibility of the Board.
Apply online at: www.grrecruiting.com by February 22, 2023.
Lead Associate: Dr. Dick Christie 402-681-3031
The salary will be in the range of $240,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications, and meeting Board criteria.